Development of Dry Bulk Handling Facilities for the Import of Coal at Pipavav Port, Gujarat
September, 2001 - October, 2001
Project: Development of Dry Bulk Handling Facilities for Import of Coal at Gujarat Pipavav Port, as Sub-consultants to ‘Scott Wilson Kirkpatrick India Private Limited – Delhi’ for Master Plan Study.
Scope of Services:
1. Bulk Material Handling:
- Suggest alternative locations of Stock yard to cater for future projected cargo, to suit alternative layouts for Port. Berths 4 & 5 to be used for bulk cargo but either both 1 or 3 might be used initially.
- Suitable handling system for conveying, stacking, reclamation and loading for both rail & road.
- Additional quay cranes for future traffic.
- Optimum reuse of existing grab unloaders and conveyor system under erection.
- Mobile equipment as required.
- Dust Suppression System inclusive of spray, vehicle wash, belt wash, etc. and re-circulation ponds.
- Basic System Design.
2. Fire Fighting System:
- Fire Fighting System for the port (ring main system) with suitable interface with Port Village - special emphasis on coal stockyard. To be based on use of Salt Water, but with fresh for charging when not in use.
- Hydrants - Underground in container handling areas, pillar type elsewhere.
- Mobile Fire Fighting units inclusive of hand spray units.
- System Designs - Basic layout and cross section for each scheme.
- Write ups - Design data, system descriptions.
- Basic cost estimates (INR & USD) including annual operating and maintenance costs and indicative manning levels.
- Power, fuel & water requirements.
- Broad specifications for various components.
- Lead times for major items of equipment.
Client: Scott Wilson Kirkpatrick India Pvt. Ltd.
Location: Gujarat, India